MySMA Support for Evrysdi
MySMA Support is a support service from Genentech that helps your patients and their families navigate insurance coverage and determine financial assistance options to start and stay on Evrysdi.
The MySMA Support team is available to answer questions about Evrysdi at any point:
Partnership and Access Liaison (PAL): The local, main point
of contact from Genentech who supports people taking Evrysdi. PALs
are here to answer questions about Evrysdi and refer patients to
helpful resources. They can also help patients understand their
insurance and financial support options.
- PALs do not provide medical advice. A PAL will always direct patients to their health care providers for any questions about the patient's health and/or medical care
- Neurological Rare Disease Therapeutic Area Manager (NRD TAM): The local, dedicated support resource for health care providers and their staff who answers questions about Genentech’s approved products and services
- Case Manager (CM): A CM partners closely with PALs and health care providers to help people who have been prescribed Evrysdi understand the health insurance process and identify potential financial support options for Genentech’s approved products
- Specialty pharmacy (SP)*: A specialty pharmacy prepares and ships Evrysdi directly to patients each month. Although the SP is not a part of Genentech, it is an important part of the MySMA Support team
*Specialty pharmacies are not part of Genentech and maintain independence in their operations and in their role as a health care provider.
- The Evrysdi Start Form is used to enroll people who have been prescribed Evrysdi into MySMA Support
- The Start Form includes the Patient Consent Form (page 4), which is to be completed by the patient, and the Prescriber Service Form (page 5), which is to be completed by the health care provider
- Both pages must be completed for enrollment
Insurance and financial assistance
- Insurance benefits investigation
- Resources to help the health care provider's office with prior authorizations and appeals
- Financial assistance for eligible individuals, including co-pay and free drug programs
- Information about the effectiveness and important safety information of Evrysdi
- Guidance on administering Evrysdi
- Coordination with the SP for preparation and delivery of Evrysdi
- Disease- and treatment-related educational materials
The completion and submission of coverage- or reimbursement-related documentation are the responsibility of the patient and health care provider. Genentech makes no representation or guarantee concerning coverage or reimbursement for any service or item.