Referrals to the Rituxan Immunology Co-pay Card Program
Co-pay card programs provide direct financial assistance to patients to help with their co-pays, co-insurance or other out-of-pocket costs. If eligible commercially insured patients need assistance with their out-of-pocket costs, Genentech Access Solutions can refer them to the Rituxan Immunology Co-pay Card Program.
Patients who qualify can receive up to $15,000 in assistance per 12-month period. They pay $5 per drug co-pay or co-insurance until the annual limit is reached.
To get started, call (855) RA-COPAY (855-722-6729) or visit RACopay.com.
The Rituxan Immunology Co-pay Card Program is available only for
commercially insured patients. Patients using Medicare, Medicaid or
any other government-funded program to pay for their medications are
not eligible. It requires a valid, on-label prescription and cannot
be combined with any other rebate/coupon, free trial or similar
offer for the specified prescription. It is available only for a
patient (or their guardian) who is 18 years or older. It is not
valid for medications the patient receives for free or that are
eligible to be reimbursed by private insurance plans or other health
care or pharmaceutical assistance programs that reimburse the
patient in whole or in part for the medication. It is valid only for
Genentech products in the United States and Puerto Rico. The Rituxan
Immunology Co-pay Card is not health insurance or a benefit plan.
Please see full terms and conditions at RACopay.com.
PAN=Patient Authorization and Notice of Request
for Transmission of Health Information to Genentech Access Solutions
and Genentech® Access to Care Foundation.
SMN=Statement of Medical Necessity.
Important Safety Information & Indication
- Rituxan® (rituximab), in combination with methotrexate, is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with moderately to severely active rheumatoid arthritis (RA) who have had an inadequate response to one or more TNF antagonist therapies
- Rituxan® (rituximab), in combination with glucocorticoids, is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (GPA) (Wegener’s Granulomatosis) and Microscopic Polyangiitis (MPA)
- Rituxan® (rituximab) is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with moderate to severe pemphigus vulgaris (PV)
BOXED WARNINGS and Additional Important Safety Information
Infusion Reactions: Rituxan administration can result in serious, including fatal infusion reactions. Deaths within 24 hours of Rituxan infusion have occurred. Approximately 80% of fatal infusion reactions occurred in association with the first infusion. Monitor patients closely. Discontinue Rituxan infusion for severe reactions and provide medical treatment for Grade 3 or 4 infusion reactions
Severe Mucocutaneous Reactions: Severe, including fatal, mucocutaneous reactions can occur in patients receiving Rituxan
Hepatitis B Virus (HBV) Reactivation: HBV reactivation can occur in patients treated with Rituxan, in some cases resulting in fulminant hepatitis, hepatic failure, and death. Screen all patients for HBV infection before treatment initiation, and monitor patients during and after treatment with Rituxan. Discontinue Rituxan and concomitant medications in the event of HBV reactivation
Progressive Multifocal Leukoencephalopathy (PML), including fatal PML, can occur in patients receiving Rituxan
Warnings and Precautions
Rituxan administration can also result in additional serious, including fatal, adverse reactions including:
- Tumor lysis syndrome (TLS): Administer aggressive intravenous hydration, anti-hyperuricemic agents, monitor renal function
- Infections: Withhold Rituxan and institute appropriate anti-infective therapy. Rituxan is not recommended for use in patients with severe, active infections
- Cardiovascular adverse reactions: Discontinue infusions in case of serious or life-threatening events
- Renal toxicity: Discontinue in patients with rising serum creatinine or oliguria
- Bowel obstruction and perforation: Consider and evaluate for abdominal pain, vomiting, or related symptoms
- Immunizations: Live virus vaccinations prior to or during Rituxan treatment are not recommended
- Embryo-Fetal toxicity: Can cause neonatal harm. Advise of potential risk to neonates and use of effective contraception
- Concomitant Use with Other Biologic Agents and DMARDS other than Methotrexate in RA, GPA and MPA, PV: Patients with RA should be closely observed for signs of infection if biologic agents and/or DMARDs other than methotrexate are used concomitantly. Use of concomitant immunosuppressants other than corticosteroids has not been studied in GPA or MPA or PV patients exhibiting peripheral B-cell depletion following treatment with Rituxan
- Use in RA Patients Who Have Not Had Prior Inadequate Response to Tumor Necrosis Factor (TNF) Antagonists: The use of Rituxan in patients with RA who have not had prior inadequate response to one or more TNF antagonists is not recommended
- Retreatment in Patients with Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (GPA) (Wegener’s Granulomatosis) and Microscopic Polyangiitis (MPA): The safety and efficacy of retreatment with Rituxan have not been established in patients with GPA and MPA
Most Common Adverse Reactions
Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA):
Most common adverse reactions (≥10%) in clinical trials: upper respiratory tract infection, nasopharyngitis, urinary tract infection, and bronchitis. Other important adverse reactions include infusion reactions, serious infections, and cardiovascular events.
Granulomatosis with Polyangiitis (GPA) (Wegener’s Granulomatosis) and Microscopic Polyangiitis (MPA):
Most common adverse reactions (≥15%) in the clinical study were infections, nausea, diarrhea, headache, muscle spasms, anemia, and peripheral edema. Other important adverse reactions include infusion reactions.
Pemphigus Vulgaris (PV):
Most common adverse reactions (≥15%) in the clinical trial were infusion reactions, depression (other important adverse reactions include infections).
Report side effects to the FDA at (800) FDA-1088 or www.fda.gov/medwatch. Report side effects to Genentech at (888) 835-2555.
For additional Important Safety Information, please see the full Prescribing Information, including BOXED WARNINGS and Medication Guide at www.rituxan.com.